The Network Administrator will interact with end-users daily, either on the phone or in person, to understand the situation and bring the issue to closure.
A Network Administrator would demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, in English; must have good interpersonal skills and work well both independently and in team situations, often within stressful situations. The candidate must also have strong troubleshooting skills in the areas of operating systems, hardware, and software.
MINIMUM TECHNICAL REQUIREMENT individual should have demonstrated understanding of the following:
- Active directory / DNS/ SSL certificates
- User and User Rights management / File System Rights (NTFS Permissions) Group policy
- Network implementation process/ Wireless infrastructure and configuration
- Basic wireless security
- Firewall deployment and configuration
- Backup systems and data backup management
- Server operating system troubleshooting and deployment
- Utilizing the monitoring system to validate system health and identify issues to be resolved
- Implement and troubleshoot cloud services (SaaS, Iaas)
- Troubleshoot and maintain a Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2 and newer environment.
- Demonstrate expertise in Layer 1, 2, and 3 network communications.
- Be qualified to provide network security advice to a broad range of clientele.
- Setting up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software
- Installing and performing minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications
- Maintaining records of daily communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities
- Reading technical manuals, conferring with users, or conducting computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems
- Providing technical assistance and support; refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service
- Developing training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software
- Conferring with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Willingness to learn new technologies as needed.
FAMILIARITY WITH THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED:
- WatchGuard Firewalls
- Cisco; Meraki
- Hewlett-Packard; Dell
- MiTel Phone Systems
CERTIFICATIONS RECOMMENDED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Saving Account
We have offices in the Warsaw, Wabash, and Ft Wayne areas.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org